The Future of Training
The biggest “little company” you’ve never heard of. Much of our work has been done for third party resellers, so you may have seen our work, but not seen our name. Resellers choose to work with us because we are faster, more accurate, more creative, and more cost effective than any almost any other company out there. We partner with our clients, creating highly collaborative relationships that often make us extensions of their training departments. Your objectives are our objectives. We can handle as much or as little of the design and development process as you need.
With more than 30 years’ industry experience, we have worked with hundreds of clients and delivered thousands of courses to millions of learners. Our mission is simple: “Creating Magic.” What does that mean to us? It means that in every conversation, every action whether internal or external, and with every client, vendor, and learner, we are absolutely committed to creating a positive experience, and to delivering gob-smacking levels of value. We design, develop, deploy and dissect interactive learning experiences that engage users to new levels, and exceed performance goals.
We begin by learning about you and about your learner audience, discovering what it is that they need to do differently and exactly how they like to learn. We focus not just on what they need to learn, but how to deliver that content in the most engaging and effective way possible. In a rapidly evolving training landscape, we constantly evaluate and incorporate the latest technology to meet and exceed learner expectations and meet your goals.
How We Do It
Transferring knowledge is not always enough. Our focus is on lasting impact and behavioral change. We create interactive learning experiences that dramatically improve learner performance, while keeping the development process streamlined and cost effective. We are driven by your objectives and desired outcomes and aim to help you find the most efficient ways to achieve them.
Story and Core Principles
Quite simply, we are changing the world. We deliver amazing courseware that impacts peoples lives, and positively changes behaviors. Our work in the medical field alone has saved thousands of lives by changing the way pressure injuries, a leading cause of deaths in hospitals are treated. We are fanatics about customer experience. As we said before, we treat each and every interaction with reverence and gratitude. We understand the challenges of both large projects with multi-faceted needs and small projects with more limited objectives. We approach each project with the core determination to create a positive experience for everyone involved, from beginning to end.
Story and Core Principles
- We believe that instruction must be targeted, relevant and engaging in order to maximize value.
- We focus on delivering the right content in the right way (the most efficient and most effective way possible).
- Our SmartStart Rapid Development Model (RDM), honed over the last 20 years, allows us to produce highly- interactive learning experiences in record time.
- Using a conscious collaborative approach enables us to hit the learning target the first time.
- We understand both ADDIE and SAM yet believe that every client and project is unique and demands processes that work best for them.
- We design courses built on active participation rather than passive review, relevant context rather than generic situations, and focused challenge rather than spoon-fed bullet points. Our learners have shown us that these are essential elements in any performance-based courseware.
- Every learning interaction must have a purpose.
- We believe the proof of our work is in the outcome. By closely monitoring engagement, completion and scoring, we continuously improve what we do.
- We maintain an evidence-based approach every step of the way.
- We carefully monitor timelines, milestones, and deliverables, and involve clients in lessons-learned discussions that provide valuable insights and continually improve our client partnerships.
Delivered the impossible...
“We had an idea. Something crazy that we dreamed up that didn’t think was possible. We wanted a virtual version of our HQ as the main user interface, allowing the user to move from department to department, fulfilling each of the training requirements. ilx took the idea and improved on it. The outcome is amazing.”
- Paul Hughes, Avis Europe
Met every challenge...
“Their dedication to service and work ethic is second to none. They met every challenge with excitement and innovation. ilx is now the only eLearning vendor we work with. In fact, I loved them so much, I joined the team.”
- John Campbell, Head3
Learner retention and engagement doubled...
“We have our own in-house development team, but due to a new product push, we needed to engage an outside vendor to help us keep up with a sudden increase in workload. At first we were concerned that a vendor may not be able to match the quality of our in-house team, and that they would struggle to fit into our established workflow. Our concerns could not have been further from the truth. ilx created and delivered a huge amount of work in a very short time. They raised the bar on what was possible for us and became an extension of our organisation. Learner engagement and retention doubled. The standard they set has become our new benchmark.”
- Applied Educational Systems
Our trusted partner...
“We met ilx under somewhat stressful circumstances when a previous vendor had let us down. We were somewhat gun shy. We needent have worried. Over the last 4 years, ilx has become our trusted partner in delivering our massive library of learning world wide. They collaborate so closely with us, and have immersed themselves so well in our culture that we now rely on them to produce programs and results with greatly reduced management on our part. They take such a high degree of ownership and responsibility that we simply could not meet our production schedules without them.”
- NACE International
Trimmed development times by nearly 35%...
“Working with ilx has helped us trim our development times by nearly 35 percent. They are very responsive, easily accessible, and excellent in what they do.”
Now our first choice...
“We chose ilx because of their design and evelopment model. Other vendors were stuck in the last decade, using 3 column word formats and the like to design courses. The ilx module is visual and immediate. We saw results within days and felt that we knew what the outcome would be all through the project. This helped us be confident in the product and the relationship. Over time, our experience with ilx has been so consistently positive, they are now our first choice as a training vendor.”